We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information and will never abuse your trust.
- what information is collected
- how information is stored
- how information is used
It also provides links to the Privacy Policies of organisations providing web-ware used by this website.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
This is the definition provided to me by the Information Commission
“The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.The GDPR applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data are accessible according to specific criteria. This could include chronologically ordered sets of manual records containing personal data.”
WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT
WHEN YOU CONTACT US
- Personal data you provide about yourself (for example, your name and contact details e.g. an email)
- You provide a name and an email address when making a comment on a blog post or submitting a form. I do not ask for any other details. What you provide is up to you.
- You may disclose information about your business – however this is not personal information which for the purposes of the GDPR only relates to the personal data of individuals
WHEN A THIRD PARTY CONTACTS ME ON YOUR BEHALF
- Personal data provided by a third party such as your name, contact details and specific circumstances.
WHEN YOU VISIT THIS WEBSITE, OR INTERACT WITH THIS SITE OR BOWLERS VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
- Your IP address and browsing preferences and choices;
- Your name and username and any comments that you make.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Your personal information may be collected from a number of sources. These include:
- From you when you contact or interact with this site by email or when you communicate through social media;
- From forms you may complete;From public sources of data (e.g. the contacts details you have chosen to make public on your website or social media);
- From organisations/bodies you are connect to or are affiliated with, when they provide your information to me
WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
- In relation to news updates, the information we hold is based on you having given your consent. Including if you have signed up to receive the newsletter (via MailChimp).
- We also collect information because of a legitimate interest to ensure I have got details correct in relation to any public published information about you.
- Data relating to any business transaction arises out of a contractual necessity e.g. so both you and we are fulfilling the obligations set out in supplier terms and conditions or any contract that may be in place.
HOW DO I USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your data in order to:
- Record any correspondence or products I receive and respond accordingly;
- Send out information relating to news updates
- Enter into contracts with customers
- Maintain relationships with individuals and organisations and send messages from time to time
HOW IS IT STORED?
Your personal data is stored in a number of ways:
- In paper files stored securely;
- In software systems which are managed on our hardware or on webware provided by a third party supplier.
WHO DO I SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your data with and/or obtain information from some third parties:
- the website service in relation to the use of forms and comments on this website and for the management of cookies on this website;
- statistical services with respect to understanding the traffic to the websiteSocial media providers e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – to highlight public news
- Other organisations where we are required to by law or by a public authority.
We am committed to protecting your privacy. Under no circumstances do we rent, trade or share your e-mail address without your consent.
Very occasionally people ask to be put in contact with another person. Rather than give their email address to you, we will inform you and will forward your request to them and leave them to decide how to respond.
HOW DO I PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We take the security of your data very seriously. Your data cannot be accessed by third parties other than those providing services as identified below.
We engage reputable service providers to process your data on my behalf for the purposes of email correspondence, website and social media provision. They are all under a duty of confidentiality, and are legally obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data in line with the relevant legislation.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Nothing is kept indefinitely. Your personal data is kept under review.
- Correspondence: We periodically delete contacts and associated emails.
- Blog comments and forms: If the blog comment is not published or the form submitted is nonsensical they are deleted.
- Spam comments are kept for a period of time prior to reports to Google re. worst offenders.
- Personal data and business correspondence in relation to all business contracts involving payment is retained for a minimum of six years after the end of the tax year in line with the requirements of HMRC.
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data, the Information Commissioners Office is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK. They can be contacted through their website: www.ico.org.uk or their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF